Everything you need to pass the CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) exam from Mike Meyers and Dan Lachance
The course covers all the CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) objective domains:
- Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities (24%)
- Architecture and Design (21%)
- Implementation (25%)
- Operations and Incident Response (16%)
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance (14%)
- Exam code: SY0-601
- Max. 90 questions (performance-based and multiple choice)
- Length of exam: 90 minutes
- Passing score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
- Exam voucher cost: $349 USD (be sure to go to Total Seminars’ website for discount vouchers!)
- Recommended experience: CompTIA Network+ and two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus
- Testing provider: Pearson VUE (in-person and online at-home options available)
HOW DO I TAKE THE COMPTIA SECURITY+ EXAM?
Buy an exam voucher (get your discount voucher at Total Seminars’ website), schedule your exam on the Pearson VUE Web site, then take the exam at a qualifying Pearson VUE testing center or virtually using their OnVue option.
- Schedule through a testing center: pearsonvue. com
- Schedule an at-home (or at-work) exam: onvue. com
WHAT KIND OF JOB CAN I GET WITH A COMPTIA SECURITY+ CERTIFICATION?
- Security or systems administrator
- Security engineer/analyst
- Security IT auditor
- IT project manager
- Beginner cybersecurity specialist
- Junior IT auditor
- Junior penetration tester
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for anyone that is preparing for an IT Security position or looking to improve their security skills and become CompTIA Security+ certified. However, it goes beyond that and will give you the skills you need to be a better security tech on the job.